Friday, October 7, 2011

How I Love Tennis

I have loved tennis ever since I was seven years old. I have been inspired playing tennis by Venus and Serena Williams. Venus and Serena Williams are sisters, but Venus Williams is older. She was born on June 17, 1981. While her sister Serena Williams was born on September 26, 1981. They have played against each other in professional matches since  1988 and they have played 23 times. Venus has won more matches though. Tennis was first played by European monks. It was played for entertainment purposes during religous ceromonies. At first, the Europeans only used their hands and a ball. Later leather gloves came in existance . Eventually, they all got replaced by rackets.I remember the firdt time I watched my first tennis match, it was Venus Williams versus Serena Williams. It was so intense and exciting that I couldn't even sit in my chair. After that day , I decided to start playing tennis. My mom said that registetion was over at the community center and I had to wait until I finished all the other programs that I was enrollrd in. When I was Eight years old my mom enrolled me in tennis class. Iwas scared and excited at the same time.My teacher was very niceand helped us become better in tennis. Next thing you know I got better at tennis. I have bwwn playing tennis for some time and I think it's really fun. So this is the reason I love tennis.

6 comments:

  1. The pic is so cool and the story is so inspirational.Tennis is one of my fav sports,so I'm happy you wrote about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tennis I'm getting better at it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic is awesome! That is also a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jenney's first post I am too.

    ReplyDelete